Thursday 24 February 2011

Top watched youtube videos

I was reading an article that was published just this month that talked about the top videos on you tube. There are some staggering viewing figures out there, predominantly for music videos with Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga in spots one and two for the most watched videos on you tube. Historically music videos haven't always dominated the charts though and some bizarre and entertaining ones (not released by an artist) have slipped down the charts in the last 3 years from former glory.
A somewhat odd and perhaps entertaining video of 'Charlie bit my finger' features a small boy sitting with his younger baby brother. As you might have guessed in the clip, which is less than a minute long, Charlie bites his older brother's finger. A phenomenal 276.9 million viewers have watched the clip. Insane.
Another non-music-artist clip that has been watched by millions, indeed 165.6 million viewers is this one featured below: An Evolution of Dance.
I think I might have once seen this on RudeTube

4 comments:

  1. I was one of those people that watched Charlie bit my finger and I didn't find it funny either... definitely insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the whole music video thing though Law, with the onset of web/youtube access everywhere, more and more people are using youtube as their source of free music, so you can stick all of your fav vids together and watch away on phones, tv's, laptops etc. Also with programmes like rudetube all you find is that a wedge gets driven between the top 10 and the rest as the top vids always get traffic sent to them via the extra publicity. Another great vid Law is 'boy goes to dentist' I laugh every time is see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the responses and signposting me to funnies... I will have a look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bewildered by the popularity of 'Charlie bit my finger' too? Don't really get all the love for Justin Bieber either!

    ReplyDelete